Media Launch Event For Both Hawaii Resident And Japanese Visitor Communities
MCM Worldwide called on PacRim Marketing Group for its Hawaii launch at International Market Place in November 2019. The client requested recommendations from PacRim Marketing Group for a media launch event to attract the attention of both Hawaii resident and Japanese visitor communities. In addition to providing plans for a media launch event, PacRim Marketing Group provided cultural consultation that included holding a traditional Hawaiian blessing on the morning of the store opening.
While MCM’s initial call and request for proposal came just one month before the store opening date, PacRim’s performance timeline was highly compressed, as approval to proceed came just two weeks (16 days) before the store opening and blessing, and three weeks before the media event. PacRim was further challenged because there were three other Honolulu events on the same evening as the MCM media event.
- Activations were directed toward the local resident and Asian International Traveler markets.
- PacRim’s cultural consultation and strategy included a traditional Hawaiian blessing ceremony, which was effective in creating a deeper appreciation by MCM of the host culture and it strengthened ties between the mainland project personnel and the local store team.
- The morning blessing event for opening day was followed by an evening media event six days later.
- PacRim tapped its extensive database of English, Japanese, Korean and Chinese media, as well as social media influencers and industry representatives.
- Because we were challenged with a short time frame and competing events, we opened the list to “plus ones” and made phone calls in addition to email invites. PacRim monitored invite responses daily to ensure a substantial crowd that also represented quality outlets.
- The event focused on the new MCM store in a celebratory style, with music, passed appetizers and drinks, a deejay, event photographer and photo booth with unlimited prints. Guests were free to come and go – there was no program – which maximized attendance and enjoyment.
- Nearly 100 media and influencers, representing both English and Asian audiences, enjoyed music by DJ Jimmy San with Kentaro; passed hors d'oeuvres catered by StripSteak; champagne; and a custom-made MCM cocktail. A photo booth with custom photo frame and MCM Hawaii exclusive gifts rounded out the evening.
- 68 Articles/Posts
- 6.5 million impressions
- $400,000 Advertising Value Equivalency
- Media coverage included Modern Luxury Hawaii, Honolulu magazine, Aloha Express, Kau Kau, Hawaii Chinese Daily, ChineseTV (CHTV), MyHawaii, and more.
- Extensive social media coverage included #MCMHawaii hashtag
MCM was highly pleased with the event and the media results. The client continued to engage with PacRim Marketing Group for several ongoing media opportunities and retained PacRim to handle advertising placements through the Christmas holiday season.